Veterinary Specialists Scotland, part of Linnaeus Veterinary Limited, is a multi-disciplinary referral hospital at Deer Park, Livingston, close to Edinburgh and Glasgow. We have a state-of-the-art facility and team of highly motivated specialists, nurses, and support colleagues who deliver the best possible clinical care to pets from all over Scotland and Northern England.
At our hospital, our team works hard to provide friendly, knowledgeable support to pet owners, while maintaining the very highest standards in patient care and client service.
Our core environmental impacts are Climate Change, Waste Management and Responsible Pharmaceutical and Chemical Stewardship. We acknowledge that our operations have an effect on the environment and our ambition is to continually improve by:
- Accessing sustainability-focused forums and training
- Monitoring key resources such as electricity, gas, water, anaesthetic gases and transport, and setting reduction targets
- Calculating a Scope 1, 2 and partial Scope 3 carbon footprint, and setting an annual reduction target
- Using sustainability performance metrics to drive change
- Supporting sustainable transport options and healthy lifestyles for our Associates
- Carrying out One Health projects
- Improved resource management including sustainable procurement choices and waste management plans
- Providing our clients support on responsible preventative care strategies
- Accepting returns of unused or out-of-date veterinary medicines to our practices
- Being compliant with applicable environmental regulations and meeting our clients’ expectations.
Veterinary Specialists Scotland are committed to reducing their environmental impact through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme. Our practice is registered on the iiE Green Directory.
Sammy Morrison and Michelle Black are our Sustainability Leads and have designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
We communicate this policy to our Associates, ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters and opportunities to make changes. We make this policy available to our clients through our practice website and we welcome ideas or questions from clients via our Client Care teams.
For further questions on Linnaeus Sustainability, please contact email@example.com or go to the website at https://www.linnaeusgroup.co.uk/about-us/sustainability for more information.