Veterinary Specialists Scotland acknowledge that our operations influence the environment and we are committed to improving our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We are proud that Veterinary Specialists Scotland are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified key areas that contribute our environmental and carbon footprint:
- consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- use of anaesthetic gases
- waste generation
- transport emissions
- use of raw materials, including materials and medications
- procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- minimising unsustainable transport use
- take part in One Health sustainability project with our Associates
- working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the Investors in the Environment (iiE) criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organisation, and other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
Emilia Porter is our Sustainability Lead and has designated responsibility for the day- to-day implementation of this policy. The policy will be reviewed every year as part of the organisations overall environment management plan.
Contact details for sustainability enquiries: Ellie West, Clinical Veterinary Anaesthetist (firstname.lastname@example.org)