Start your dream job as a referral nurse with us!
Veterinary Specialists Scotland is a modern, multi-disciplinary referral centre at Deer Park, Livingston, close to Edinburgh and Glasgow. We have created a state-of-the-art facility and assembled a team of highly motivated specialists, nurses and support colleagues, to deliver the best possible clinical care to pets from all over Scotland and Northern England.
Our promise and commitment is to provide the highest quality of care to every patient we treat. Our team of veterinary nurses are dedicated to caring for our patients day and night. We are a vibrant, friendly and collaborative team, who all work together to provide outstanding patient and client care.
We currently take referrals in feline and canine medicine, soft tissue surgery, orthopaedics, cardiology, neurology and dermatology, supported by a team of Specialist anaesthetists and diagnostic imagers.
We’re looking for dedicated nurses to join our team. Nurses who wish to further their careers as highly skilled members of a team that’s friendly, caring, supportive – and always there for each other.
We have both multi-disciplinary and service specific nursing roles in the team, with opportunities to progress to nursing team lead roles.
What can we offer you as a referral nurse?
- You will be working with an enthusiastic and highly skilled nursing team to help maintain a happy and efficient working environment
- Being part of our expanding nursing team, that has wealth of experience and supports our vision of providing excellence in patient care.
- Our nursing programmes and multiple career pathways allow our nurses to achieve qualifications in multiple disciplines, where they can develop and find their niche.
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays and Birthday Leave
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD programme
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Enhanced Equal Family Leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Wellness programme including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
A dedicated team with experienced discipline-specific nurses
Working alongside our multi-disciplinary team of Specialists, clinicians and interns, our nursing team includes nurses who focus on a range of specialisms giving you the opportunity to specialise in an area you're most interested in.
These areas include anaesthesia and analgesia, cardiology, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, neurology and neurosurgery and both soft tissue and orthopaedic surgical nursing.
We also have a team of multi-disciplinary nurses who work across all of our services, providing an opportunity for variety if you're keen to work across all disciplines.
Interested in experiencing life as a referral nurse at our practice?
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our nurse experience days. It gives you a chance to meet the team, enjoy a guided tour of the centre and learn about our nursing opportunities.
To register your interest, follow the link below and a member of the team will get in touch about arranging a date suitable for you.