Neurology sees animals that have problems in their brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and neuromuscular junctions.
We provide advanced neurological imaging and neurosurgery, if necessary, for our patients and are fortunate to work in a multidisciplinary centre with immediate access to the expertise of our colleagues in other disciplines, enabling an integrated approach to each case.
The most common conditions seen by our department include:
- Idiopathic epilepsy
- Vestibular syndrome
- Facial nerve paralysis
- Meningoencephalitis of unknown origin
- Metabolic encephalopathies
- Cerebrovascular accidents
- Brain and spinal cord tumours
- Caudal cervical spondylomyelopathy (CCSM or Wobbler’s syndrome)
- Subarachnoid diverticula (SAD)
- Vertebral malformations
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Degenerative lumbosacral disease
- Myasthenia gravis
- Movement disorders
If you are a referring veterinary surgeon and would like to discuss or refer a case, please contact our team. We will aim to reply as soon as possible.